I am an experienced IT enthusiast with a current interest in Business Intelligence, Data Analytics and Data Visualisation. The following is my full resume but if you want to find out more please feel free to contact me directly.
- Lead Project Manager at Lloyds Commercial Banking Group.
- Tableau Developer at Schroders
- Business Intelligence Manager at Just Eat
- Tableau Consultant at Retail Insight
- Tableau and Business Objects Expert at UBS
- Business Intelligence Project Manager and Technical Architect at Acrotrend
- Solution Architect at ExactTarget (a Salesforce.com company)
- Consultant at iTelligence Group (formerly Blueprint Management Systems)
- BI Solution Specialist at Sony Pictures Entertainment
- Data Architect and BI Analyst at Michael Page International
- Senior BI Consultant at Sopra Group UK
- Senior BI Consultant at Actuate Corporation
- BI Manager at Hays Specialist Recruitment
- Technology Consultant at Sapient Corporation
- Tableau Customer Experience – Talking about how JUST EAT leverages Tableau at all levels for encouraging organisation curiosity.
- Big Data and Analytics 2015 Conference – Speaking about the Enterprise BI Infrastructure at JUST EAT and the use of Global use of Tableau.
- Gartner Business Intelligence Summit 2016 – Speaking about the globalisation Business Intelligence at Just Eat.
May 2017 – Present, Lloyds Commercial Banking, Lead Project Manager
Managed the roll out of Tableau throughout the Global Transaction Banking division.
May 2016 – Jan 2017, Schroders Asset Management, Tableau Developer
Helped set the design standards for Tableau within Schroders. I redesigned and rebuilt Dashboards which were viewed by the boards as well as working with local and global teams to build operational dashboards.
May 2015 – May 2016, Just Eat, Business Intelligence Manager
I was initially brought in to be the sole point of contact for all things Tableau. My initial goal was to stablise our 8 core Tableau infrastructure, to grow and improve Tableau usage and help deliver the COO vision of becoming a more Data Driven organisation.
When I started Just Eat had less than 100 active web users per month and 30 desktop licenses. Within 6 months all 1,500 members of JUST EAT can now access our Tableau Clustered Server Infrastructure seamlessly via SSO. This as well enabling third party companies to securely access as external user through MFA (Multi Factor Authentication).
We now have more than 500 active users around the world with close to 100 desktop users producing and publishing best practice dashboards.
Tableau is now seen as mission critical and leveraging Tableau is a key objective for all countries.
This growth was achieved by my travelling to our various offices to Educate (training sessions, doctor days, building internal online communities, monthly educational newsletters), Inspire (showing all levels of the Just Eat what can be achieve with Tableau and why it should be adopted) and Showcasing Tableau (through our comprehensive showcase site where hundreds of Dashboards can be seen, downloaded and explored).
Other notable contributions include:
- Kicking of a R community within Just Eat for advanced Data Analytics
- Onboarding Oracle Application Express 5.0 for building BI Applications
- Coordinating and hosting the Tableau London User Group at Just Eat
I have also had the pleasure of sharing our my passion for BI:
- Global Business Analytics with Tableau – Big Data Analytics Summit
- BI at Just Eat with Tableau – Tableau Customer Experiences
- Business Analytics in the Modern World – Executive MBA Class
- Business Intelligence at Grant Thornton
- Global BI with Tableau: Data Discovery, Data Visualisation and Self Service BI – Gartner BI Summit 2016
Mar 2015 – Apr 2015, Retail Insight, Tableau Consultant (Contract)
Brought in to ensure the successful delivery and sustainability of Tableau within their latest product offering; with product release approaching this was a vital engagement for Retail Insight as Tableau was a critical item.
Apr 2014 – Mar 2015, UBS, Tableau and Business Objects Expert (Contract)
Was a part of the UBS Global Group Data Service department and serviced several different areas of the business. I held several roles (Architect, Project Manager, Administrator and Developer) as well as delivered on multiple projects.
- Tableau Administrator and Developer – Working with end users to identify data visualisation strategies or their departments as well as providing best practice and system administration.
- SAP Business Objects Administrator and Developer – Onshore administrator for our SAP Business Objects ecosystem as well as developer for several client and legal systems.
- Business Analyst for our global Data Quality initiative.
- Systems support for Tableau and SAP Business Objects.
Major Projects include:
- Client Account System Archiving – Archiving the decommissioned UBS Client account system for auditing purposes. This required the generation of over 1.5 million pdf documents within 2 weeks.
- End User Data Preparation Initiative – working several data quality teams to define requirements for self service data consolidation and data preparation. Technologies PoC include Paxata, Pandora as well as in house technologies.
- Financial Reporting and Dashboards – working with business analysts to understand our current position with regards to our RWA and LRD current position and trends.
- Regulatory Account Remediation – working with several different teams to understand where the inconsistencies are between our account system and legal entity master. Our work feed into the off shore data management teams for manual remediation.
Sep 2013 – Feb 2014, Acrotrend, BI Project Manager and Technical Architect
Project managed business intelligence related projects for several key clients and owned the relationship with key stakeholders; together we put formulated budgets, timelines and delivery plans. I managed several concurrent projects as part of a larger strategic business initiatives and ranged between 20k and 200k in budget; delivery was managed both onshore and using our offshore delivery team.Areas covered included delivering the foundations of an enterprise data warehouse, extracting more value from current infrastructure and aiding in the recovery a project that was left in critical condition by a previous vendor.
Oct 2012 – Mar 2013, ExactTarget (a Salesforce.com Company), Solution Architect
In this role I worked with Chief Marketing Officers (CMO) and marketing directors to identify customer engagement opportunities, produce technical marketing strategies, define project roadmaps and forecast the required budget.After which I was responsible for ensuring the successful management for all my client’s projects:
1. Managing the delivery of the projects through off-shore delivery teams and third party vendors (Acceleration, TCS, Theorem).
2. Managing the delivery acceptance through the various stages of testing (FAT, UAT, SIT, Performance testing).
3. Managing the transition of project deliverables to the organisations internal teams (BAU).
4. Managing communications through status (progress) reports, project plans and escalation reports.
Clients included: Marks and Spencer, ECCO, Which, Wowcher, Groupalia.
Apr 2012 – Sep 2012, iTelligence (Formerly Blueprint Management Systems), Consultant
Worked as a business intelligence consultant in iTelligence’s SAP and Microsoft practice as well as developing internal capabilities in Big Data and analytics. As a consultant I was tasked with understanding our client’s business model and working with them to formulate a long term business intelligence strategy and roadmap.
I was also responsible for refining out projects within the roadmap for implementation, leading the implementation team as well as working with our vendors for support and expertise (some projects were bleeding edge).
Our projects’ implementations included solutions using the Microsoft SQL 2008/2012 BI Suite, SAP Business 4.0, SAP HANA as well as a prototype using Apache Hadoop.
Clients included: Ticketmaster, Live Nation, Hyde Housing Association, Burberry.
Aug 2011 – Dec 2011, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Business Intelligence Architect (Contract)
I was responsible for managing the business intelligence unit for Sony EMEA which covered 15 countries and for all lines of businesses: Motion Pictures, Home Entertainment, and Broadcasting. With a European wide client base I travelled and met with several key stakeholders to define our strategic, managerial and operational intelligence requirements. I then coordinated the delivery of several projects by offshore development team (TCS) and worked on the transition of the deliverables to the global helpdesk and additional support teams.
Mar 2010 – Feb 2011, Michael Page International, Data Architect, Data Migration Lead, BI Specialist (Contract)
I was a member of the global architecture team who managed the global data model. As a part of my day to day duties, I reviewed and assessed all change requests from a data management perspective, major projects included:
- Driving the Reference Data (RD) Initiative.
- Driving the Master Data Management (MDM) initiative.
As Data Migration Lead, I was responsible for leading a team of business analyst in defining source-to-target business transformation rules for the migration of a legacy CRM to a new global developed solution. I also led a team of developers in the designing of ETL jobs, ETL implementation (using a combination of SSIS, SQL and T-SQL), producing cut-over plans and supporting the data migration of several countries.
As a business intelligence specialist, I was responsible to reviewing all report requirement documentation prior to development, and then accepting and signing off the work delivered by our offshore vendors. I was also responsible for the performance analysis and tuning of the enterprise data warehouse environment. Other responsibilities included running the daily scrums, escalating and resolving issues with external teams: DBA, Platform and network.
Apr 2009 – Mar 2010, Sopra Group UK, Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
I worked as a Business Objects subject matter expert and technical consultant. Key responsibilities include leading a team of developers and consultants in several engagements, mentoring and staff development, reviewing company responses to request-for-proposals (RFPs), and managing technology vendor relationships (SAP BO).
Jan 2008 – Jan 2009, Actuate, Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
The company behind the the open source Business Intelligence Reporting Tool (BIRT). I was recruited as a professional services consultant and assigned to work on a series of high pressured, client facing engagements throughout Europe. Often acting as a company liaison, focal point for major decisions, my contributions was deemed a key part of the projects success.
When on larger scale projects, I often lead a team of developers based on client sites to define client requirements (via workshop facilitation), manage client expectations, resource where appropriate and ensure the quality of the final deliverables.
Jul 2006 – Dec 2007, Hays Specialist Recruitment, Business Intelligence Manager
Hays Specialist Recruitment main asset is information: candidates, organisations and contacts. The company CEO understood that an investment in business intelligence would improve our competitive advantage and improve profitability. I was recruited to help grow the newly formed business intelligence department introducing best practice, repeatable processes and training the current developers.
Jul 2004 – Jun 2006, Sapient, Technology Consultant
Worked as a technology lead and advisory consultant on large scale projects within a globally distributed development environment; and with track record of delivering on-time, on-budget and adding extreme client value.